The Game is based on a Roman Town so some of the buildings that are found there are:
- Forum – was a public square in a Roman municipium, or any civitas, reserved primarily for the vending of goods; i.e., a marketplace, along with the buildings used for shops and the stoas used for open stalls.
- Basilica – an open, Roman, public court building, usually located adjacent to the forum of a Roman town.
- Temples – Romans had many Gods they Worshipped
- Amphitheatre – centre of entertainment in Roman times. It was a place where Roman citizens went to watch fights between gladiators and wild animals, such as bears or lions.
- Baths – the Romans built magnificent public bath houses in towns across their empire.
- Mansio – was an official stopping place on a Roman road, or via, maintained by the central government for the use of officials and those on official business whilst travelling.
Roman Towns were designed in a grid pattern usually based on 2 main roads – one running north-south the other east-west – where they joined was the location of the Forum.
All these buildings will have an influence in the game – giving bonuses to actions in the game or giving more victory points at the end of the game.